Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Clarity of Call.

I have had a few opportunities that have recently come my way that gave me reason to go deep for clarification on what God has called me to.
In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: [2] Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage--with great patience and careful instruction. [3] For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. [4] They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. [5] But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry. 2 Tim. 4:1-5

I have my call from God; that is it, from 2 Timothy 4:1-5 above. God's call on my life is an inescapable commission, and as Paul said, 'Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel.' I love the fact that God continues to give me reason to experience the clarity of this call in fresh ways again and again.... it never gets stale or old.

So, what exactly should people expect from me as a minister? I want to be fair and honest when I say, I intend to love God with all my heart, and to love all people, no matter what. I intend to shepherd and feed His people for as long as I am able and God's people will allow me to serve them in this way. I will not discredit, compromise, or turn my back on what I believe the Word of God teaches, and that means that there may be times some may feel my shepherd's crook, not to judge or malign, but to help move people in the right direction, to protect, and to heal. I intend to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ, for that is my calling. I have a strong burden to fulfill the duties of this ministry that has been charged to me by the Holy Spirit. I can not turn my back on this call or deny it. Until the Lord tells me otherwise, I intend to remain focused on this call.

I have great opportunity to go deep, and it has given me great passion for even greater depth in His Word and Spirit. The joy, peace, patience and provision has been more evident in my life than ever before. I will remain faithful to the depth of such a call... in season or out of season.

I enjoy clarifying the call that God has placed on my life from time to time. I am thankful for the moments that come my way that cause me to deeply reflect and certify a fresh this call. Thank you Lord for clearly reminding me again and again of this assignment.

What is your call? Is it clear today? It can be. Go deep!

No comments:

Post a Comment